Job Description: Development and Administrative Coordinator
The VPAG is seeking a motivated individual to join the gallery as the Coordinator for Development and Administration while our current Administrator is on maternity leave. This role will provide administrative support and stewardship to areas of fund development, membership, volunteering, and general gallery operations. This position will work closely with all gallery departments to develop successful programs and foster strong relationships within the community.
· Manage regular gallery records and statistics (including internal reporting and reporting statistics with CADAC)
· Manage a database of gallery members, sponsors, and donors
· Assist with developing and delivering annual targets in areas of fundraising, sponsorship, and membership
· Assist with grant applications, donor cultivation, and communications
· Support fundraising events, appeals, and other initiatives
· Implement best practices for fundraising and volunteer activities
· Utilize Blackbaud eTapestry to run reports, queries and manage selected communications
· Provide administrative support to other departments as necessary
· Relevant degree, diploma, or coursework in business, administration, policy, or arts and culture
· Able to work collaboratively with other gallery departments
· Able to exercise discretion and sound judgement when dealing with confidential matters
· Strong administrative and project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, experience with Blackbaud eTapestry and the bbbb Square POS system is considered an asset
· Experience coordinating volunteers and small project teams an asset
· Experience with a non-profit organization, fundraising, and working with a Board of Directors are considered assets
· Keen eye for detail and a drive to deliver results and exceed expectations
· Able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
Location: This position is based out of the Vernon Public Art Gallery.
Hours: Regular, Part-Time. 21 hours/week. Additional time during evenings and weekends is required periodically. The anticipated start date for this position is March 30, 2020.
Remuneration: $16-$18/ Hour depending on knowledge and experience.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Executive Director Dauna Kennedy at:
Subject line: Development and Administrative Coordinator
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IS MARCH 15, 2020 AT 11:59 PM.
The Vernon Public Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. Though we greatly appreciate all applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. The selected candidates will need to provide a minimum of 3 references for their relevant experience.